A Domestic Violence Assault can be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony depending upon the facts and circumstances surrounding the case. If a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument is used, a criminal defendant will likely be charged with Aggravated Assault, a dangerous felony offense which carries a mandatory prison sentence of 5-15 years.Continue Reading ...
- Q: Is Domestic Violence Assault a felony or a misdemeanor?
- Q: How can I be charged with DV Disorderly Conduct if I didn’t do anything wrong?
- Q: How does recantation affect my sex case?
- Q: What happens if the victim wants the charges dropped?
- Q: What type of expert testimony will I need to defend my case if I have been charged with a sex crime?