New DUI Law Changes January 1, 2012
Continue Reading ...
1. First time regular DUI offenders are no longer entitled to a jury trial
2. Ignition interlock device may be reduced from 1 year to 6 months for 1st time, regular misdemeanor DUI offenders (*restrictions apply – consult an experienced criminal defense and DUI attorney for details)
3. Drug DUI offenders no longer required to install ignition interlock device
4. Aggravated DUI offenders: License suspension reduced from 3 years to 1
5. Hone detention may be available in some instances if partial jail time has been served by DUI offender (*restrictions apply – consult an experienced criminal defense and DUI attorney for details)
6. Additional midifications can be reviewed Senate Bill 1200.
*Any modifications to DUI laws require the expertise of an experienced criminal defense attorney to determine what, if any, new laws apply in your case. For a free consultation, call Phoenix Criminal Defense Attorney Kaitlin Verdura at 602-421-0515.