Q&A: Possession of Marijuana


my son was caught at school w/2 grams of pot & a pipe. I am freaking out, he is a minor, he has been in trouble with drugs & alcohol before & im afaraid for him. They said they want to wait until after his birthday so he can be tried as an adult. HELP!


It’s best to retain the services of an attorney. Unfortunately, depending upon your son’s age, the prosecutor does have the discretion to charge your son as an adult. However, if he was 17 at the time of the offense, that is certainly a mitigating factor that might warrant a more lenient plea offer. Of course, if there are any constitutional violations, a dismissal may also be warranted. That analysis would require the expertise of an attorney. Feel free to give me a call if you have any additional questions and good luck!

view original source

About author

Leave a reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.