Q&A: Phoenix Criminal Defense – Child Abuse


If a crime was commited in my house when i was not home to a child 13 years ago can i legally be sued for that when the child turns 18?


The simple answer is that almost anyone can be sued for almost anything. Nothing precludes a civil suit, per se, other than possibly statute of limitation issues, which may or may not be applicable in your case. The bigger issue is whether or not the state can charge you will failure to protect? It’s worth consulting with an attorney if you’re concerned about legal ramifications, especially if this involves crimes against children that are sexual in nature. I hope this information helps. Best of luck to you.

Verdura Law Group PLLC



Kaitlin Verdura
Verdura Law Group PLLC
PO Box 45345
Phoenix, AZ 85064

view original source

About author

Leave a reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.