Q&A: Phoenix Criminal Defense – DUI, Restricted License


I got an extreme DUI for having a minor in my car. I paid all of the requirements, I went to jail, paid my fees in full and took all of the requested classes. I was told, one I completed all of the “requirements” I could get my revoke license back….. I did everything in order to get my lisence back, but now the MDV says I can only have a restricted license until 2013………… I was with out driving for one full year, there were very difficult times for me and the children……yesterday the lady at the MVD tells me I was eligible to get a restricted license since last year.. I told her that one year ago I letf the MVD in tears since they told me I coulldn’t do anything since my license was revoke for 3 years, She could not explain why. what can I do to report this? …


If you have an Aggravated DUI on your record, your license will be revoked for a period of three years. However, you can appy for a restricted driving permit at the MVD which, if approved, will allow you to drive to and from work, school, etc. For additional information, review ARS §28-1383, 28-1401-1402. Perhaps the MVD employee you spoke to was unfamiliar with the law. I would suggest you contact another staff member at MVD or an attorney who can assist you with the paperwork. Best of luck to you!

Verdura Law Group PLLC

view original source

About author

Leave a reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.