Q&A: Shoplifting


I was caught shoplifting when I was 17; they are prosecuting me now while I am 18; can they do that? What can I expect?  I apperently had court on the 11th of last month and didn’t receive anything in the mail. Well I called for another case (car accident I was involved in) and they said I failed to appear in court and now have a warrant. But it even stated they had the wrong address and it was mailed back so therefore I was never informed.
Technically, yes, the state can prosecute you as an adult for a crime that was committed while you were a juvenile. I recommend you retain private counsel. He or she can explain the process, get your warrant quashed and defend your case. Good luck! 
Verdura Law Group PLLC 

About author

Leave a reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.